The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I had a terrible case of BBA in my tank. I have pulled out many plants, pruned others to within an inch of killing them (or maybe have killed some) and started dosing with more Excel than before, added fertilizer tabs and started Flourish liquid fertilizer. Now, the only BBA I can see is on the snail shells. I tried to scrub it off but that didn't work. Will this die off on its own, since I hope I have eliminated it from the plants? What else can I do?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would take the snail out of the tank and wait for him to close up. At that point i would turn it over and apply a very small amount of Excel on it's shell with a pipette, if possible. Try to not get it on the trap door or where it will contact the flesh of the snail. Once applied, wait about 10-20 seconds and place the snail back in the aquarium. Should be good to go! You'll notice the BBA turning purple/pink in a day or so and you'll know it's working. You could also substitute Excel for hydrogen peroxide - works just as good and not quite as risky for your snail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.