The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mystery Snail started off completley fine. Moving around, eating algae. Then one day, I look at my tank, an see my snail, all gray. The snail is not in the shell, it is not moving, and I see no antennas. I am about 95% sure it is dead. Now, I also have another Mystery Snail. It has just disappeared. My guess is that it is hiding or something, but then again it probably would not matter because the ammonia for the death of the other snail probably would have killed it anyway. I am at loss of what to do. Should I do a 100% water change? I am adding a new fish to the same tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take out the shell and give it a good whiff..

This will A) Confirm if its dead. B) Completely ruin your nose and possibly make you feel nauseous for a few hours. C) Give me a good laugh when you report back that it was the worst smell you have ever witnessed.

Just do a decent water change if you are worried. Keep an eye on the other fauna and get at least some testing strips ordered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take out the shell and give it a good whiff..

This will A) Confirm if its dead. B) Completely ruin your nose and possibly make you feel nauseous for a few hours. C) Give me a good laugh when you report back that it was the worst smell you have ever witnessed.

Just do a decent water change if you are worried. Keep an eye on the other fauna and get at least some testing strips ordered.
Ok, just a quick update. Now I know for sure its dead. All that is left is its shell. But, I did manage to find the other snail. It is still alive and moving perfectly fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts