The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this is? It just doesn’t look quite right for anything that seems close (pellia, subwassertang, mosses, anything else I could think of to search for). It came in as a hitchhiker with something. It’s kind of cool. Seems like something fry would like to hide in. Doesn’t seem to grow so quickly that it’s taking over. It floats around like a clump of Java moss. Definitely a bit fragile when handled.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Oh ha! Now I feel dumb. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a close up photo and it’s just not even on my radar because it seems like one of those plants that would never survive in my low tech tank. Thank you!
No problem. I've only ever grown it in low tech/ walstad and, like you said, it took up a spot on my java moss and grew like a weed. I know it does really well in high tech set ups but I've had it hitchhike on my moss from tank to tank and it seems to do well in my no tech/ low tech world lol

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Wait how do you accidentally breed a betta?? Please explain lmao
Lol, I've chocked it up to "lucky" bad tank maintenance. I replicated their spawning environment by not changing water or performing maintenance when I introduced them. Didn't top off until water change time, topped off with room temperature water. Did a normal water change and within a week I'd have a male tending a bubble nest... Every single time. It also helps that my water is VERY soft and my variety of scaping at the time was biotope. I have accidentally bred a lot of fish. It's the same reason I took on my breeding venture and also the same reason I'm trying as hard as I can to not breed anything (keeping fish outside of their preferred breeding parameters, not tending to eggs that show up, not keeping fish that actively parent if they are easy breeders and not keeping single species tanks). Betta are surprisingly easy for bad tank keepers to breed accidentally but near impossible for those that are good tank keepers to breed, if that makes any sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.