The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a strange thing, I set up my first planted tank about a week ago and ordered all the plants from ebay and different places on the net, because i'm out in the woods long way from any pet stores. I planned on getting it running a few weeks then add some creatures. Today i'm looking in the tank and notice these little squiggle things swimming around that are barely big enough to be seen with your eye, so i capture one in a peetree dish and use a magnifying glass and realize they are baby fish, grey body with a red stripe down the side. Considering the plants came bare root and i washed them under the tap and they were in the mail for 10 days They must be survivors. wonder what they are???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
posted this a long time ago, after these fish grew up it turns out they were bloodfin tetras i was just made aware of there name, out of three only one survived..I was told they should not be alone so i went to find more but all i can get is cardinal tetras so i bought 4, they look fairly similar in size and color and they all shoal or school together, i was wondering if they can breed together because for some reason the bloodfin laid a whole bunch of eggs they are all over a plant and since this is my first encounter with this i'm sorta lost...thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.