The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Today I found these eggs (they look like eggs) on the front glass. Inhabitants are:

Neon Tetras
X-Ray Tetras
Albino Cories
Bumblebee Gobys
Harlequin Rasboras
Snails

I am assuming they are snail eggs. But I wanted your opinion. Thanks!!

Body of water Underwater Nature Vegetation Organism

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!! If they are Cory eggs what are the chances they will hatch?? And do I need to do anything to keep the other fish away. They have decreased in numbers this morning but the ones that are gone were the ones you could see through. I see about 13 this morning. Oh and I forgot..there is 1 Otto in the tank also.

·
Registered
465 Posts
nerites wont lay on glass IME, wood seems to be the choice...
will cory eggs hatch or be predated?
They do lay eggs on glass my aquarium glass is covered on nerite eggs. Had to buy a special scraper :) lol

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
My cories lay eggs several times a year. They use to make it to hatching all the time but would end up getting eaten soon after. Now with 6 angels in the tank they barely have a chance to stick to the glass.

I expect one pair of angels to spawn before the weekend is over and hope for the cories sake there's aquarium karma working in there. lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
How true is this, right? Nerites will speckle driftwood in no time at all. Makes me somewhat happy they don't reproduce in freshwater.
makes me happy i got rid of them!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks guys!! If they are Cory eggs what are the chances they will hatch?? And do I need to do anything to keep the other fish away. They have decreased in numbers this morning but the ones that are gone were the ones you could see through. I see about 13 this morning. Oh and I forgot..there is 1 Otto in the tank also.
They don't look fertilized to me. By now any fertilized eggs should be brown or tan indicating that there are growing fry in them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
They do lay eggs on glass my aquarium glass is covered on nerite eggs. Had to buy a special scraper :) lol

agreed...Wonder if I can get them FIXED? I hate all the white specs everywhere.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If there are still eggs left move them. The other fish will have picked on the ones that are gone. Put them in a plastic cup with tank water and place them in a dark space. Forget about them for 5 days and then check on the eggs.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah, I don't suffer GSA so I don't know why I keep the bunch I do either.
Not to hijack-

If by saying 'GSA' you mean slime algae, it isn't eaten by anything. It's not true algae, it's bacteria. It's easily treated with Erythromycin (Maracyn).

Tommy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.