The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I recently traded in my 2 Orange Zebras, 2 Yellow Tail Aceis, and 1 hybrid. Now I have 4 GBRs, but anyway... anyone know what kind of hybrid this might be or has anyone every seen one?

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa332/deathdealerdelta86/IMG_20121113_100821.jpg
You can see that his nose looks almost like a rolled up elephant trunk. The people on my forum can't recall ever seeing a cichlic like this. Anyone know what 2 fish this one could have come from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
it looks kind of like an off color zebra. When I used to keep africans I would get a bunch of off color babies from a par of red zebras. It was kind of bizarre until I did some research and found out that's normal. But you have a fish that's part of the pseudochromis family. If you can get some better pics could probably narrow it down to an exact genus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have it anymore. I traded it to my LFS along with the rest of my Mbunas. I just wanted something smaller but I liked out Cichlids protect their fry... and then I fell in love with the GBRs, lol. But that is the only pic that I have of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts