The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
are you experienced?
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this growing in one of my tanks and dont know what it is or how to get rid of it. smells like a cucumber and is soft.

notice some other algae that looks like this but its on a plant and has super small white balls in it and this algae is anywhere from white to clear in color.

heres a pic of the algae on glass.

ill try and get a pic of the other algae to post here today to.

·
are you experienced?
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eggs dont look like fungus, its in the filter on the rocks on the plants, on the glass etc. colors vary from white to clear to green

·
Registered
439 Posts
do a fungal treatment and see what happens.

you said white to clear, also had tiny white balls within; hence a quick hypothesis of eggs. no reason to be snappy when your asking for advice/answers :)

edit: also, unfertilized eggs often rot and/or develop fungi on them as they decay; also provide a good adherence source for algae.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
found this growing in one of my tanks and dont know what it is or how to get rid of it. smells like a cucumber and is soft.

notice some other algae that looks like this but its on a plant and has super small white balls in it and this algae is anywhere from white to clear in color.
The picture does look like fungus, but I do agree that it could be unfertilized eggs that went moldy.

The stuff on the plant that you describe as small with white balls in it sounds like snails eggs to me, I have them all over on filter, plants etc.
Of course if you do not have snails it could be fungus so I would definitely research it a bit more or someone on here can shine more light on what it is. Good luck

·
are you experienced?
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you do a fungal treatment? i have about 40-50 baby plecos in that tank i dont want to kill off. but other tanks its in theres no fish.
im not a newbie to eggs or snail clutches. its not eggs, its even in a tank with no fish so forget about the egg thing and its not snail clutch either. looks like penicillian growing on the glass.

is there a algae only site around i can ask on? thanks

im offering nickel size patch for 10.00 shipped lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts