The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Happened to see the myrophillum mattogrossense being yellowish in its tips in the below link, how is the tips maintained in yellowish color as have seen it in green color only

http://bubblesaquarium.com/images/Aquascape Test Page/front page/Symphony.htm

is it a specific variety or is it possible to get that color in that plant using the correct tank parameters like high lighting and ph levels

Regards
Kiran

·
Registered
423 Posts
Getting plants to turn red is just a matter of giving them really intense light, nothing more.

Having said that, that doesn't look like M. mattogrossense and I think could have been misidentified. It looks a lot more like Proserpinaca palustris.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ukamikazu: does Proserpinaca palustris have yellow tips as in the pic. but saw in some links that on higher lighting it becomes red, but would like to have the yellowish color, looks cool for me , thanks a lot for identifying the correct plant, was going to order a bunch of myriophyllum mattogrossense instead of the above one.

@2in10: but did not find Proserpinaca palustris in the link that i have given with the plant list mate.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
@ukamikazu: does Proserpinaca palustris have yellow tips as in the pic. but saw in some links that on higher lighting it becomes red, but would like to have the yellowish color, looks cool for me , thanks a lot for identifying the correct plant, was going to order a bunch of myriophyllum mattogrossense instead of the above one.

@2in10: but did not find Proserpinaca palustris in the link that i have given with the plant list mate.:tongue:
Look under orange plants down on the bottom of the page after selecting Plants on the navigation bar.:flick:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.