The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Kribensis that mate like crazy and constantly have a brood. The problem is, the male decides the fry taste good after a week or two and eats all of them. So, this past batch my son and I sucked em out of the tank with a siphon hose and fed them to my Bloodfin tetras and Bolivian rams. Man, they were like Pirahna. Wifey says Im evil and I shouldve left them with the parents. :angel::icon_twis:wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
well if they were going to get eaten anyway...haha i guess you could always set up a grow out tank. my girlfriend says the same thing when I don't separate my endler fry. survival of the fittest!

·
Registered
893 Posts
lmao last coupla posts.

yeah free food is good food. Circle of life yada yada, people have no problem buying feeder fish or shrimp & your's are getting eaten anyway (whole different issue), so why not? It's not like you named them all after the mom & just the one Nemo right?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
My cory cats lay eggs all the time in my home tank. When I showed my wife the first time she asked what I was going to do with them. I told her I could ether let them be or setup another tank to house them. She thought they'd make good fish food after I said that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
My cory cats lay eggs all the time in my home tank. When I showed my wife the first time she asked what I was going to do with them. I told her I could ether let them be or setup another tank to house them. She thought they'd make good fish food after I said that.
Right on. Easy for them to see the light when you start talking about yet another tank.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
My wife says the same thing when she sees me dressed in camo leaving with my AR-15 to go hunt cattle on the ranch up the road. Those cattle want to be shot and butchered. Tasty steaks are their destiny.
That just put a whole new spin on going cow tipping...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The whole cattle thing cracked me up! Especially the confusion over why he'd wear camo in the first place... : )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts