The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
321 Posts
Have you kept a snake before pinkploop? I wanted a reticulated python. But family doesn't like snakes.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you kept a snake before pinkploop? I wanted a reticulated python. But family doesn't like snakes.
I kept corn and rat snakes as a teenager but no big snakes. This guy isn't mine, he's wild, but he was a welcome sight curled up by my fire pit as I have quite the baby chipmunk population and they all run around the rock wall he's curled up on.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like Nerodia species. They do well at captivity given that environment is good. Fun little guys.
Nerodia sipoden I believe. Common northern water snake. I'm happy letting this one occupy my rock wall and vegetation, he looks better there than anywhere in my camp or house 😉 I could definitely see where they would be fun, though, very feisty 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.