The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
in my expecience all my spiralis leaves go clear and drop off from time to time... dont know why? I have high light, co2, EI and root medic tabs but it still happens. I lost a very mature plant with about 40-60 leaves go clear and drop a leaf a day until it had just 2 leaves but is coming back really strong now.... is this a cycle for the plant???

Also 12 hours is a long time to have lights on unless they are quite low....

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Val's in general sometimes seem sensative to Seachen Excel and other "Glut" dosing. Not sure if that may be your situation ... Just a thought.

Best wishes,
Wes
ohhhh yea! I stared dosing excell a few days ago because i started to get a little green slime algae.

I have 4 T5 HO bulbs.. I run 2 68k and 2 10k. tank is 120 gallon

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
ohhhh yea! I stared dosing excell a few days ago because i started to get a little green slime algae.

I have 4 T5 HO bulbs.. I run 2 68k and 2 10k. tank is 120 gallon
Slime algae isn't algae. It's bacteria. Excell won't touch it. Try some Erythromycin.

Tommy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Slime algae isn't algae. It's bacteria. Excell won't touch it. Try some Erythromycin.

Tommy

wow!! dont just try some enthromicin!! Cynobacteria is a pain in the ass, but always try to find the cause first, as enthromicin is usually only effective once in a tank, as with most antibiotics bacteria becomes resistant after exposure. Good luck finding another antibiotic that is safe for your tank and readily available second time round!! If you dont find the cause and it comes back in 6 months you have a real problem.
Personally I have always found that cyno has been because of low oxygen levels and low flow. Start here. Worth reducing light to slow its spread also.:proud:

I dont dose excel so doesnt explain my issues LOL:icon_bigg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.