The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the most recent photos of my two low tech tanks. no co2 at all. Just some root tabs, and dose Excel whenever I remember. View my journals in my sig for more info about my tanks.

My plants seem to be doing well and haven't had any real algae issues. Had some BBA in my 55G.. but stopped overfeeding, bleached the BBA, and things have been fine for a few weeks now.

Plants are growing in my 6G tank pretty well. I just have Fissidens, Anubias Petite, Flame Moss, Micro Swords. Nothing too demanding on light.

55G has school of Harlequin Rasboars, school of Neon Tetras, some Otos, lots of RCS (breed like crazy!), 2 Assassin Snails

6G Rimless has 5 Endlers (2 are black bar, 3 are hybrids), 5 Galaxy Rasboras, some RCS

^55 Gallon

^Some of the Neons

^6G Rimless. Waiting for the flame moss tree to grow out more. Just added it.

^Some of the Galaxy Rasboras and some Endlers (black bar and hybrid)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love those galaxy rasboras. I've never seen them before now. Where did you get them? Love the tank by the way. Hard to believe they're low tech. Plants really seem to be thriving.
Thanks! Local fish stores wanted $9 each for the Galaxy Rasboras, but I found a Petco that sells them for $3.50 each.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool another Northern Virginian. Very nice tanks you have there. I heard Centreville Aquarium was selling them for $9 but I had no idea that a petco was selling them for so cheap! Is it the one in Sterling?
yup! saw the posting on the VA section and went there on Friday to buy about 6 of them.

I hadn't known that petco sells galaxy rasboras, your 6 gallon looks good
i hadn't seen them around in any, but someone in the local forums pointed to a particular petco that sells them.

Is the more updated term for galaxy rasboras celestial pearl danios? Just wondering. Amazing tanks!
I am not sure which term is more 'updated', but i know the fish go by both of these terms.

Beautiful tanks. :)
Thanks!

Both tanks are gorgeous! Very dramatic!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just had my LFS order in some CPDs and I'm going over there today to get 12 of them for my 40b. I don't think these guys have ever seen them as Galaxies or CPDs, which I find odd, since they've been in business for 1000 years. So anyway in my conversation with the owner the day they got them in, he quoted me $1.09 ea. I hope that wasn't a mis-statement, because I intend to hold him to that price! He's getting his piece of flesh off me from the Peacock Gudgeons I also ordered...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.