The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, iJohno,

I'm not up on aquatic plants, but, I think that's a Ludwigia. I'm not certain of the species, but, perhaps Repens? Have a look on Google for Ludwigia Repens. If that doesn't match your plant closely enough, just search for Ludwigia and go through images until you find one you believe matches your plants. It could also be Rotala indica. Try searching for it, too. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
+3 on L. Glandulosa. The leaf pattern is similar to H. Polysperma 'sunset' but even under very high light H. Polysperma 'sunset' turns pinkish, not purple like that. Also, the leaves on the plant you have are pointier on the ends, unlike H. Polysperma 'sunset' which are slightly rounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol, oh well... I am sorry! I was sure. I've got the hygro poly in 2 tanks and mine looks a lot like this one tank and bright pink with much more obvious veins in the other tank. It is a very wide ranging plant depending on conditions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Off topic- Id like to see the information to back that statement up.
To my knowledge federally it is only illegal to sell it or ship across state lines. I know it is illegal to own in certain states, however, this varies by state & not federally as far as everything I have ever seen (legitimate documents & laws).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.