The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions? Yes I know that one stem in the left corner doesn't belong there. I just don't have the heart to remove it completely so there it sits.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would say wait till it grows in because im sure all the stem plants in the back could fill in really nicely and maybe some smaller rocks around the wood instead of the big ones there

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I never thought of a black background. I was pretty partial to the faded green to blue one
I'm partial to painted on black background myself, but have seen some really good looking bluish ones. But then, my idea of a good background is one that manages to cover up the mess behind the aquarium, and doesn't draw attention from the plants/hardscape/etc. I don't think specific color (black, dark blue, dark greys, green, etc.) is so important, as long as it doesn't serve as an attention draw in of itself, and just serves to provide a good mask(for whatever happens to be behind your aquarium), and backdrop for the plants that you do have.

I've found black spray paint to be pretty easy to apply, cheap, and gives a nice, subdued, uniform background that doesn't draw attention.

The big rocks are holding the wood down. It refuses to sink..
It'll probably sink (eventually). If you don't want to wait, you could remove it, and screw/glue/bolt it onto a slate base - that would probably be enough to hold it down.

On the other hand, the rocks don't look half bad, so if they are long term, or even permanent, I don't see that as a negative.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Very interesting!!! I don't know how I missed this thread. to see wisteria you talked about at pet smart tube plants. The pic is a strange angle thus not getting a good view. Came here .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.