The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my shrimp only tank which houses about 18 CRS, 4 fire reds, and about 11 cherry shrimp which might be fire reds but not so sure. One of the fire reds are berried. Another two with saddles. Sorry for the quality I dont have a good camera. Also I think I need a more powerful air pump. I have the tetra whisper 20 and I dont think its quiet doing the job with the filter.

Attachments

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep its fluval shrimp stratum. Well thats only like the first 1/8", below that is a mix of sand, florite, and inert gravel. Ive really gotta redo the substrate on this tank though, just too lazy.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice tank. Your Tetra 20 should be fine because it is a secondary filter. How come only 4 PFRs? What happened to the rest?
No they are all still alive. Not one death. The rest just arnt PFRs I think. They are not solid red. Very broken up kinda like dotted red. As I understand it though males can be that way. So not sure if they are PFRs or not.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went and bought a tetra 60 air pump. Didnt realize it was a duel nozzle. I just used a T fitting and connected both outputs to the sponge filter ........... lol that thing is moving some water. Also got a fluval 100W heater. Going to set it to 74, maybe 72. Want to keep both CRS and fire reds happy. Also found a somewhat local fish place that sells CRS. No idea of the grade, will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Went and bought a tetra 60 air pump. Didnt realize it was a duel nozzle. I just used a T fitting and connected both outputs to the sponge filter ........... lol that thing is moving some water. Also got a fluval 100W heater. Going to set it to 74, maybe 72. Want to keep both CRS and fire reds happy. Also found a somewhat local fish place that sells CRS. No idea of the grade, will find out tomorrow.
If it's the same 100W fluval submersible that I have, take it back lol. Mine is EXTREMELY inaccurate...I might just have a bad one, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.