The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2 part question Ok tanks been up and running for 3 years I just switched back to planted tank about 17days ago my water was nice and clear but the past few days my tanks been cloudy or hazed. What is the cause of this?
Tank info
55gal
Rena xp3 pads and stars, rings
130watt cf 6500k and 10k on for 7 hours
co2 looks good drop counter is green yellow 30+
water temp 79.4f
no2 0 or 00.5 cant really tell
gh 21
kh 7
ph 7 checked when co2 just kicked on
ammonia 0
fe 0.1

I been dosing ever other day kn03 1.5 tsp, k2s04 1.5 tsp, and kh2p04 about a gram. Then I dose Seachem flourish comprehensive supplement 5ml ever other day I don't dose the ferts. Also some of my plants are getting brown they where nice when I got them 17days ago from somebody on another forums here are some pictures. I do have some dust algae on the back its turning brown so I heard that's a good thing lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Your planting process could have disturbed your substrate enough that would cause a spike in waste in the water column, thus causing a bacteria bloom to stabilize the tank's nitrogen cycle. I would test the water for nitrite levels and do water changes according until it stabilizes again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.