1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From what I can see they look good.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ditto! They look good to me too. :) I don't bother thinning mine out for traits. I just let them breed. LOL Super red looking too and I didn't have to do a thing. :) But some people like the stripe down the back, etc... I have those too. I have yet to see a black one pop out though, as some others have seen in their stock.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next time you think about culling shrimp, PLEASE just send them my way. Rejects or no, it's hard to get any cherries around here that aren't running for over $6 each!!!
I think you have the wrong idea.
FWIW I cull by selling or giving away shrimp NOT by killing them. These guys are my pets you know. That being said a dog is a pet too, yet I never hear if anyone culling a litter of dogs. They sell them or give them away like I do with my shrimp.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
IME culling means killing.
Most of the time when it is used around here it is just removing undesirable critters from the population. You see "culling" done a lot of shrimp, especially CRS. You don't want your prized S shrimp mating with a C grade, that's a waste of good eggs!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
wow looking great! Much better from when you first posted them as pink shrimp.
I just lost a bunch of my cherries. dunno why they just all dropped dead. So I might be interested in taking some off your hands when your ready to thin them out again.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I still have to thin out even more. The shrimp just dropped like 300 more babies last weekend. Now I see little dots everywhere again
The one cherry I had that was berried I found dead the other day. She was my last hope from that batch. I think I still have a couple males. I know at least 1 of the 20 I had is still alive. lol damn shrimp. I'm glad they aren't CRS's. I'd shoot myself If I got a bunch of SS at 100 ea and had them die.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.