The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Shopping List

778 1
Here's my shopping list for drsfostersmith.com. I just need someone to tell me if these things are worth getting or not and if I can get them cheaper somewhere else.

*Jungle Quick Clear, 8oz ($5.59)- It says it's just plain Potassium permanganate, but I'm not sure, since it clears up within a few hours. Is plain P. permanganate supposed to clear up that quickly? I need it to de-snail new plants, so can I get it from somewhere else for a lower price?
*Methylene Blue, 4oz ($3.89)- I don't really need this now, but I've read about its many uses and I'm under the impression that it's something good to have on hand. Do I really need it? Can I get it cheaper elsewhere?
*Melafix, 16oz ($9.29)- I have three female Bettas living together, so this is a staple. The problem is, I've read about Melafix being harmful to fish with labyrinth organs. Is this something I should be concerned about? I've also read that you can use plain Melaleuca oil as a cheap alternative. Is this true?
*3ml Plastic Pipettes (Pack of 10: $1.19/Pack of 100: $7.99)- I want to get these because I have only a few eyedroppers and they always seem to get misplaced. Should I get two or three packs of 10 or just go ahead and get the pack of 100?
*Betta Bio-Gold ($1.59)- I've had success with this before, and my Bettas don't like their current food, so I want to go ahead and get this.
*Three 35cc Syringes ($5.37)- For dosing ferts
*Prime, 500ml ($11.59)- I've got about a quarter of a bottle left, so I might as well get it now.

If you guys have any coupon codes, I'd appreciate it if you could pass them along. :icon_bigg
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
12,174 Posts
You may be able to buy pure potassium permanganate from the hardware store, as it is used in machines that remove iron from water.

The plastic pipettes seem a little on the expensive side, but perhaps that is just me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.