The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a Juwel Rio 240 so here it is. (iPhone pics only at the moment)

So then some plant substrate and hardscape...

All the co2 equipment arrived in the post this week

So now I need to start thinking about what plants to put in. I'd say the tank has around medium light at the moment. So if anyone has any suggestions for plants please let me know. Feedback on the tank so far would be good too :)

Also any suggestions on fish? Only thing I have decided on so far is a school of cardinals.

Other near future plans:
External filter
Inline co2 diffuser

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Doesn't this tank have an internal filter? I'm wondering why you need an external filter too?
I do llike the way the tank looks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great looking hardscape!!

:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't this tank have an internal filter? I'm wondering why you need an external filter too?
I do llike the way the tank looks.
Yeah it does have an internal filter which is pretty good from what I've heard. You're right an external is by no means necessary and I don't really have a reason for wanting one :icon_roll

Whether I use the internal as a pre-filter for the external, run them both separate, cut out the internal for more space or just not bother and leave it as it is... I'm still undecided. Both my LFS' have this tank running an external as well but then they've heavily stocked it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the wood is soaking and still leaching tannins, probably easier to plant when its not full of water but I dont really know what I want till its full so I have done it this way round.

Tank is cycled and bought a few plants just to see what I like, only the vallis on the right is planted, the rest are just weighed down till I work out where to put them.

If anyone can identify them it would also be a good help, got a feeling the red plants need higher light but we'll find out.

Also cut a hole for the co2 tank so I can get a shelf back

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small update, these aren't the latest pics. The HC has been planted since taking these pics and I've chucked out a couple of the bunched plants as I wasn't too keen on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts