The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry gettin a late start here lol. So as of rite now i have already derimmed my 10g (wat a pain in the @$$) figured out my filtration, framed my stand, and got started on a 3D backround. Still a ways to go yet so if anyone has any sugestions im open to fun ideas, no clue as what type of plants or fish or scape style im goin for. All i know is im using white sylica sand as a cap for dirt(undecided what kind im using). Also i will b building either an overdriven t5 fixture or il build a fixture for some cfl's . Thanks for lookin.
lol sorry if these are sideways fml

Sent from this here hooskerdoo

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just rigid foam insulation cut into 18"x4" pieces, (18" is the length of the tank ) then i just kinda marked out some squiggly lines and stacked all the pieces together with silicone. I let it cure then hit the face with a heat gun till i got the texture i wanted(this is where this thread started.) Next u wanna paint ur backround with concrete mortar mix. Thats about it. They also sell color to dye your concrete and il have pix of that a lil later. Thanks for lookin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got second coat and color added today

It should cure over night. And it will be under water tomorrow. Il add another pic here in an hour or so of it in the tank

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very cool. :) How hard is it to work with in the tank once it's set up? Can you get algae off it?
I made a similar background for one of my tanks. It is pretty hard to get the algae off it, near impossible to get it 100% off by just scrubbing, but if you don't mind having some algae in the tank I think a little algae actually makes the rock backgrounds better and more realistic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.