The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A simple 6 Gallon Aqueon Ascent modified with a Finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED Clip on and a Azoo Mignon 150 filter, added my Dwarf hairgrass and we are off to the races. I like this community from the lurking I have done and I am looking forward to sharing the progress of this tank. I wanna stay as low tech as I can and see what comes from it.
Stock tank with Internal filter and weak LED setup.

Tank with Finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED Clip on and a Azoo Mignon 150 filter

Hairgrass planted

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
Dwarf hair grass can be really nice looking as a carpet, but if your going no co2, it may take quite a while to fill in. I find that it’ll live happily, but won’t want to send runners unless it has that extra bump of help or has a decent amount of time. Excited to see it progress, it will be an interesting experiment!

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here we are about 2 weeks later and Keeping it simple still, Dosing with NilocG Thrive all in one and doing big weekly water changes and I am starting to see new growth from runners. New blades are coming in away from the bunches and I am pretty pleased with what I see happening aside from a diatom bloom which I am controlling with some chemi pure.

Ill get another full tank shot soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.