The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yay finally my rams have breeded i couldint be hapier but i need some help they are in a community tank with discus other rams ottos cories and neons i know that all of these fish will eat the eggs but they have been doing a good job of keeping them away so far. Also these are unbelievably immature rams the male is around 1 inch long :icon_roll but they are still going at it. If by chance they do survive the fisrt stage of eggs i will remove them and place them in a mesh net inside of the tank with the parents ( i guess i'll see how good a parent these fish will make. I dont have any live foods how ever i do have hiakari First bites will this work ? Now that i think about it i also have thoes cyclops in my shrimp tank that will wok also no ? Im soo excited i hope they make it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
dont worry the parents will eat the eggs in the next to days.you can not tell if the eggs are fertile until they have hatched so leave them in the tank.the parents will eat them if they fell the need for any of a # of reason.good luck:fish:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yea lots of threads on this already. My rams ate the eggs they laid too, I believe it was because they felt a threat from the other tankmates (cories especially).

As for food, nothing beats the ease of hatching brine shrimps!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My GBR's have ate their eggs twice so far. Kind of expected it. It's been 8 days since they last spawned....should do so again within the next 24-48 hours.

Newly hatched brine shrimp, microworms, and boiled egg yolk (so I've heard) are great first fry foods.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i think they might be eating them ill watch closley to see if any are actually getting into their mouths and they arent just cleaning them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.