Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 90wts on my 55g
How are my plants doing?

My amazon sword:
there is one or 2 yellow spots

the other lg sword:

Anubias on a rock:

Java Ferns:
i dont know whats happening to this plant?

Other swords:
the leaves are a little yellow

Brazilian sword:
this plant was in the corner so i moved it closer to the center

how is my plants doing?
i add flourish after i do my 30gal water change

thanks,
metfan581

·
Registered
764 Posts
Your bigger Amazon swords are in transition phase into submerged plants, so the bigger/ outer emersed leaves will be shed shortly. That is what those spots are about. Nothing to worry about. You can prune them away as they start decaying. The "Brazilian sword" (Spathyphullum wallisii/ sp.) on the other hand, is not aquatic, and it will just rot away underwater. The swords would benefit from root tabs, esp. if they are turning yellow which is normally an indication of iron deficiency. I'm not sure if that is the case with your plants (yet). If the flourish is the only fert you give your plants then the root tabs would be a good option.

Can't really say anything about the Anubias and the Java fern... ;)

Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Pictures are a little blurry to tell much. The sword emmersed leaves, that are discolored, can be trimmed away to improve their appearance. Looks like some algae starting to growing on the Anubias. The discolored leaves on the Java Fern can also be trimmed off. What is your CO2 source? Flourish is only traces. The Discus looks nice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i never had alge before then i accidently od on the flourish and now i have alge....

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i never had alge before then i accidently od on the flourish and now i have alge....

thanks guys
Do you have CO2 runing on this tank? Low light work but you can't follow a high light dosing regime. Plus expect everything to grow slow. Since you have a pea gravel substraight I'd also suggest getting some root tabs by the roots of each. Excluding the Java and Anubias.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts