The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a system with 6 display tanks (20 gallon longs) feeding 2 sumps (connected 20 gallon long tanks too). I feed about 95% RO water. Felt I wasn't getting enough CO2 to the plants as there was little buffering capacity in the system to prevent the pH from dropping very quickly with minimal CO2 addition. I began remineralizing just last week. Acheived a GH of 4.5 and a KH of 1.5 Found initially the CO2 ran for a very long time (16 hours) to get me to a pH of 6.5 during the day and 6.8 overnight. However, after about 2 days, I know have a nice on/off cycling of the CO2 and a steady pH of 6.5. DId a 25% water change., with a small amount of Equilibrium added to reinstate those GH/KH numbers. Nice CO2/pH relationship.... and today all 6 display tanks had a good amount of pearling on many of the plants.

anyway, just wanted to share... I'm getting the nack of finding a balance in light time, GH/KH, CO2/pH, nutrient dosing. . Now to start dressing up the actual aquascapes a bit... one tank at a time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.