The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see in the images below, my plants are are not doing well and i'm not sure what deficiencies they have or what is causing these problems.
The lower layer from the middle of the tank to the back is soil, and the rest is La Plata sand.
My tank is 120L with five Emperor Tetras, and you'll find my most recent parameters below:

Ammonia NitriteNitrate pH GH KH Phosphate

0ppm 0ppm 10ppm 7.671.6 ppm53.7ppm0ppm
I hate seeing my plants deteriorate, lose colour and/or die and i do not want to lose them. Any advice will be very much appreciated and needed.
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Vegetation Flowering plant

Plant Flower Petal Terrestrial plant Groundcover

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Houseplant

Flower Plant Petal Purple Terrestrial plant

Flower Plant Petal Purple Terrestrial plant

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We will definitely need more information.

1) What is your dosing schedule?
2) How long are your lights on?
3) How often and how much are you changing water?
4) How old is the tank?
  • API Aqua Essential water conditioner to remove ammonia, chlorine and chloramines 3mL per week after each water change.
  • Biotope Conditioning Salts (1 teaspoon (5g) per 15 Litres (eight teaspoons weekly after each water change).
  • Biotope KH Balance (1 teaspoon (5g) per 15 Litres (eight teaspoons weekly after each water change).
  • One vial of BioDigest every 15 days.
  • One pump of ELXR premium fertiliser weekly

2. 8 hrs p/d

3. Weekly 50% water changes

4. The tank is 8 weeks, 7 days old.

· Registered
4,895 Posts
  • API Aqua Essential water conditioner to remove ammonia, chlorine and chloramines 3mL per week after each water change.
  • Biotope Conditioning Salts (1 teaspoon (5g) per 15 Litres (eight teaspoons weekly after each water change).
  • Biotope KH Balance (1 teaspoon (5g) per 15 Litres (eight teaspoons weekly after each water change).
  • One vial of BioDigest every 15 days.
  • One pump of ELXR premium fertiliser weekly

2. 8 hrs p/d

3. Weekly 50% water changes

4. The tank is 8 weeks, 7 days old.
Your dosage is super light I believe. I am assuming you are using the ELXR Complete? If so, the website says that's 10ml per 100 liters a week. If you have the 200ml bottle that's 1 ml per pump. If you have the 500ml that's 2ml per pump. Either way you are WAY below the recommended guidelines for dosage.

Also keep in mind that all the growth on the plants that happened before you got them will eventually die off. How fast depends on the plant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts