1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this GDA or GSA algae and how to het rid of it pleas help Tom

My aquarium is 125 liter I have a 1400l/h sussun filter and twinstar
I dose ei
My CO2 is vers high Some fishes died iT how's on 1 hour before the light en 1 hours before off when the light go of
Water parameter
Temp 22
No2 o
Nh4o
No3 50
Kh 3
Ph CO2 of 7 CO2 on 6.1

My plants grow very fast
My light are 2 18w t8 8 hourper day

The algae grows only on my rocks not on my plants

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I'd drop the water level, scrub and take out even more water to remove some of the green. Some scapers remove rocks and scrub. Dropping Excel on the rocks with the filter turned off kills a lot of algae.

Algae eaters will eat it if it is fresh and soft, do you have any? Otos, platy/guppy, Amano shrimp, snails?

Phosphate? I dose a lot of the stuff and GSA isn't a bother now. It seems to grow softer and easier to graze is all I can come up with.

Algae is going to grow where plants aren't. You get to do some gardening if you want rocks to stay perfectly clean. I have a lot of rocks in the current scape. Moss is taking over most of them without any help from me but a couple of surfaces are being kept clean by the bristlenose plecos, those rocks have algae sitting deep in crevices only.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Try doubling up on phosphate. More has been very good for my plants and very bad for green spot algae in my tanks. Rather than add to your current macro mix make up another solution and dose at the time you dose macros in case you don't care for the results.

An interesting idea somebody had recently was to black out the problem area rather than the whole tank. Find something dark that will lay over those rocks and leave for a few days. Please report back what happens good or bad, we would all love to know how it goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try doubling up on phosphate. More has been very good for my plants and very bad for green spot algae in my tanks. Rather than add to your current macro mix make up another solution and dose at the time you dose macros in case you don't care for the results.

An interesting idea somebody had recently was to black out the problem area rather than the whole tank. Find something dark that will lay over those rocks and leave for a few days. Please report back what happens good or bad, we would all love to know how it goes.
If the root problem is not fixed, algae will grow again after a blackout.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.