1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40 gallon
92 x 2 watt light(one on at a time mostly) 6500k
on 12 hours a day.
no co2(my DIY attempt failed. back to drawing board)
my amazon sword is fine but its this fox tail lookin plant that is shriveling

WEll before i got my 92 x2 deal. i had a standard 20watt flourecent. my plants did horrible under it and they all came up. however, my other plant that is shriveling to a brown crisp did fine under the 20watt. Well, it never seemed to get worse like my amazon sword did.

Im thinking that the plant that is shriveling is a low light plant. Or is it a lack of co2? its a bushy looking thing. kinda looks like... a fox tail? help please

·
Registered
14 Posts
try putting it in a shaded area or in a part of the tank that gets less light than where it is now. If you could, could you post some pics please, and i might be able to tell you what it is or im sure someone else will.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
40 gallon
92 x 2 watt light(one on at a time mostly) 6500k
on 12 hours a day.
no co2(my DIY attempt failed. back to drawing board)
Haha. no wonder, way to much light for way to long, with no C02 you only need about 55 or 60 watts.
you are nuking the plants, with that much light you need to know how to use C02, NPK Trace, and you will need all these to burn that much light on that tank.
Read Rex guide for a basic understanding of what you need to know and do.
www.rexgrigg.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.