The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the planted tank hobby. I have kept saltwater reefs but not planted tanks so I need help. I have a 20 gallon high with a betta, shrimp, and plants. My plants are not growing well and turning brown. I dose seachem nitrogen, iron , potassium, and flourish. I run led lights I have taken from my saltwater tank and a internal power filter with carbon. IDK if this has to do with anything but when I first set it up my mom accendently cleaned my gravel I was going to use and was stocked with bacteria so I had to do a mini cycle and my most of my shrimp diedenver and my betta got finished rot. It is cycled now but my planted are not doing well. What am I missing? Is it because of the carbon? Am I missing a macronutrients?

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I would take carbon out. Are you using the light from you SW tank?
Could you post some pictures of the plants so others can check them out?

BTW, welcome to TPT ☺

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Code:
I am new to the planted tank hobby. I have kept saltwater reefs but not planted tanks so I need help. I have a 20 gallon high with a betta, shrimp, and plants. My plants are not growing well and turning brown. I dose seachem nitrogen, iron , potassium, and flourish. I run led lights I have taken from my saltwater tank and a internal power filter with carbon. IDK if this has to do with anything but when I first set it up my mom accendently cleaned my gravel I was going to use and was stocked with bacteria so I had to do a mini cycle and my most of my shrimp diedenver and my betta got finished rot. It is cycled now but my planted are not doing well. What am I missing? Is it because of the carbon? Am I missing a macronutrients?
What kind of plants do you have? Was it grown submerged or emersed?

A picture would help out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. Do you have a test kit? What are the water parameters?
Is the salt light full spectrum? A freshwater light will be around 6500K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.