The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Altum, one of the most beautiful fish in the world. They look so good in your well put together plant tank. Takashi Amano also loved the Altum Angelfish, he had them in his home plant tank. It was such a sight too see. Please post updates with pictures. It makes one feel good just to see them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is so great. I am impressed by your use of negative space, juxtaposed against the central plant density, it looks like the altum are just as excited about the it as the rest of us. Those metal halides really get the job done with that short photoperiod. Normally I would be skeptical, but that is gorgeous! Big +1! Subscribed.

looks like we use alot of the same products... you have used them, however, to a much greater effect.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is so great. I am impressed by your use of negative space, juxtaposed against the central plant density, it looks like the altum are just as excited about the it as the rest of us. Those metal halides really get the job done with that short photoperiod. Normally I would be skeptical, but that is gorgeous! Big +1! Subscribed.

looks like we use alot of the same products... you have used them, however, to a much greater effect.

Thank you!
The MH still make some algae here and there and I'm playing with the distance from the surface every week...now I think we are good (13" but in the end I'll reduce till 8")...

Thanks again for you kind words!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any updates on how the mh is doing? I use a cheap led setup and I was thinking of adding a single mh for a bump in the photoperiod. I got a canister with uv in it, so hopefully that does a good job of stopping the algae. New pictures? Updates on this tank would be better than tv.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Gregory!
The MH doing good...13" above the surface...
There are some algae but nothing I can't control...
I think every day the plants are doing better and better....I'm trimming every 3-4 days.

(Find the cat....)

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
Gorgeous fish! Makes the pet store angels (scalares) look like mutts.

Is the cat good at keeping the schooling fish in a bunch? Are they aware of the predator up there?

Well made island, with just enough wood to keep directing the eye back to the island. Nice set up!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gorgeous fish! Makes the pet store angels (scalares) look like mutts.

Is the cat good at keeping the schooling fish in a bunch? Are they aware of the predator up there?

Well made island, with just enough wood to keep directing the eye back to the island. Nice set up!

Thanks! He is afraid from them...
Once they come to the surface, he is running away....

Your tank brings a peaceful feeling. Thankfully your scottish fold feels the same way. Are your altums spawning at all?

Please keep hands off glass.

No, they are very young. Not even 1 year yet.
Altums can start to spawn after 4-5 years.

Thank you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, this is a beautiful tank. I love the center island and love the Altums even more.

Great plant growth! What are the dimensions on the 142g?

I am currently getting ready for a new tank and have been dreaming of Altums like these.

Mind sharing where you were able to source these from?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.