The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Very nice. The stones with the fields of different species of plants getting smaller scale from front to back look amazing together. I would definitely want to keep that look, it is wonderful.

I am no good at forced perspective but those that are seem to have steep slopes to the substrate, perhaps work that in? Moving the rear right corner plant and the red stem to the foreground would enhance that if that is something you are looking to accomplish here with the coarser leaved Staurogyne in front and the finer leaved E. Vesuvius and hairgrass to the rear.

Maybe move the central group of stems, a bit too centered. Perhaps it would look better with grassy plants behind it as well?

The plant in the rear right looks like an after thought stuck in the corner. It too might look nice integrated with the hard scape and grassy plants.

Maybe more hard scape? The stones are a bit small and overwhelmed by the lush growth.

·
Registered
409 Posts
very nice scape, love it! If i were to change stuff i would probably try to move the red stem plant from the center and make it a secondary vocal point behind the rock. in addition maybe add some more rocks? creating more of a landscape effect or even add drift wood? i guess i just want to see more hard-scape. More red plants would also be nice in addition to what u have all ready to contrast and break up some one th scape. some type of rotalla species could be nice textural contrast to oppose the broader leaf stem plant u have there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts