The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! I have 3 angels and a discus. I was thinking of moving my angels in order to get a nother discus. I know they are happy in a pair but these inhabitants have been together for a while now and they are very happy. I got this discus for 35.00. Amazing deal!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is an excellent suggestion. And they're so small that it probably won't do much for my bio load. Yeah there's an LFS here that is struggling. Got some amazing deals but I don't know how long they will last.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Be aware that small tetras can easily become snacks for both angelfish and Discus Angelfish in particular can surprise one by eating fish you would not expect to get eaten. Not sure how big your Angels, are but they do grow big enough to vacuum up an entire school of Neons or Cardinals. Also, Neons tend to prefer slightly cooler conditions, that both Angels and Discus would find not to their liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. Thank you all for the kind words. Yes it is grape wood. I know that people have mixed results with it. I decided to try and so far so good. It has not rotted after 3 months. A slime coat develops on it after a few days but If you leave it alone it goes away after a week. The rest is mopani.

As far as plants go, trial and error has taught me what I can and can't keep at 82 degrees with t5 lighting. I do have lots of anubis! Wysteria does really well for me.

Oh yes... the back lit effect is really fun and easy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.