The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank progression from DSM to now. I have plans to diversify with other plants but so far the GREEN is very rewarding and so calming...thanks to anyone who has offered advice, this is an awesome forum!

Pic progression - DSM...Flood day one...today :D

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hoping to get 4 or 5 amanos. I will first have to figure out how to make the filter inlets safe for them. My biggest problem is I have no option to purchase them at a LFS. Is there an online seller out there that I don't end up paying $40 for 4 shrimp w/shipping???

Also really like the penguin tetra. Very simple.

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I'm hoping to get 4 or 5 amanos. I will first have to figure out how to make the filter inlets safe for them. My biggest problem is I have no option to purchase them at a LFS. Is there an online seller out there that I don't end up paying $40 for 4 shrimp w/shipping???

Also really like the penguin tetra. Very simple.
First, amanos will not fit in that filter, they are too big. Secondly, try contacting zid zulander in the forum, he often sells them for a good price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok good to know, I didn't think it would be an issue. I'm guessing I will still have to DIY something to heighten the back so they have no access to the filter chambers. I've had neons in the past. They would dissappear sometimes for a full day, only to pop back out happy and healthy! I could actually watch them eyeing it up...planning their escape. And I will check out zid. Thanks!

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
nice growth, HC is a nice plant right? my favorite

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Started with the dry start method 6/1, flooded on 8/12. I've trimmed it 3 times. It's incredibly thick (nearly an inch in some spots), I may have to do a MAJOR trim soon here...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.