The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey 馃憢

The Build Details:

Powering everything:
Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip by TP-Link (KP303) - Surge Protector with 3 Smart Outlets and 2 USB Ports, Works with Alexa Echo and Google Home, 2.4GHz WiFi

Lighting:
18 watts Emitever Full Spectrum Sunlike Plant Grow Light with Auto ON & Off Timer, 108 LED /10 Dimmable Levels

Aquarium:
Serine (Hydra Aquatici) 6.5 Gal Rimless Starfire Glass - 45掳 Beveled Edge - 23.6L x 6.8W x 9.5H inches in size got it from Angelfins.ca

Substrate:
Fluval 12693 Plant and Shrimp Stratum
lava rock, Pumice & Calcined Clay mixed together from a bag of ( Bonsai Soil ) mixed with some Akadama & topped with River Stones/Gravel.

Filtration:
Sponge Filter also have a "Nano" canister filter on order.

Plant Nutrients:
ThriveS by NilocG

Plant list:
1x Anubias nana 'Mini Kirin'
1x Anubias 'Golden Coin'
1x Anubias barteri var. nana
1x Hygrophila corymbosa
1x Ludwigia Glandulosa
1x Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink'
1x Lobelia cardinalis
1x Limnobium laevigatum TC
1x Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis 53B'

Livestock:
1x Giant Rainbow Koi Halfmoon Plakat Male Betta
3x Gold Barb (juvenile)
1x Otocinclus (juvenile)
1x Nerite

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I could have been a little more straight forward as well.
Atleast I have 1 follower 馃槈
You don't breed bettas but you already own like 12+ ? I've only got 1 and it's hard to stop thinking about breeding him lmao. Although I have no room at all for that. Hence why my aquarium is in my entertainment unit shelf.

Registered
Even more at this point. I like a busy tank. I love all the different personalities they have. The other day when I had to grab a plant weight out of the tank half the girls were circling my arm a few close enough that they were rubbing against it. The weight in question had been used to keep zucchini down for clown plecos.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've only had mine for 4 days now and he's already always coming to the front glass, excited to see me and eats right off my finger lol... 馃檭

What foods do you feed yours?

This is my feed schedule:
San Francisco bay Frozen Micro blood worms
Fluval Bug Bites Pellets Betta fourmla
Fluval Bug Bites Flakes Betta Formula
Topfine Betta Crumbles
Northfin Betta Bites

So every time I feed its something different for him

Registered
I do the fluval bug bites flakes and the spinurillie (not sure of spelling). and the sinking pellets and some other pellets. Can't do frozen foods since I share the apartment.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do the fluval bug bites flakes and the spinurillie (not sure of spelling). and the sinking pellets and some other pellets. Can't do frozen foods since I share the apartment.
I share my apartment too with my wife & kids ;) I pointed to the frozen food and said this is not beef stock ok lol

Just an FYI incase you ever wanted to try these yourself, the Topfine Betta Crumbles is pretty close to micro pellets, it's almost dust and more importantly it's difficult to sink. That stuff just floats alot, so it's kinda helpful. I wanna find a good easy source of live food like Daphnia.

Registered
Cool I may try them as well. I share an apartment with my mom and her only request was no live food and no fish food in the freezer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts