The Planted Tank Forum banner

My planted 20G tank

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr.Nick 
#1 ·
This is my 2foot 20G planted tank.
I have been thinking of how to scape it for a long time now and this is what i decided on.
Substrate ADA aqua soil amazonia
C02 added
2 pieces of bogwood
Lighting: 72Watts
Ferts: Seachem Excel
Plants:
Hair grass
Java fern
Bylaxx (dwarf)
Limnophila aromatica

Before

After

I have got rid of the green water now that is in the last photo.
Hairgrass is going mad and i added x-mas moss in the 2nd photo.

Fish:
13 Black Neons
4 Cardinal's
2 Stebia corys
2 shrimp (lost 6 in a nitrate spike)
2 Sword tails

See less See more
#3 ·
i thought about putting some in but i want the lawn to fill out alittle first then i will place some in if i find some i like :) crypts are a good idea though maybe red/purple type.

anyone know why bylaxx slows down growing and thins out? mine started to do this the other day it usualy grows well.

Thanks.
Nick.

#6 ·
Here is a few update photos of the progress of the tank so far, also added 3 otto's.

All plants are doing well, i have also started to try and get some HC to grow on top of the long piece of wood.

the layout will be changed this week when my plants arrive :)

#9 ·
Thanks alot i have wanted it to look like this for a long time now and i have thought of ways i can improve it so hope my plants come tomorrow :icon_smil

will be taking out the java fern and replacing it with Blyxa (the large version) and the wood on the right is going to make more space for my other plants and so i can move the L. aromatica out of the corner.

can anyone suggest a way to reduce nitrates so the red in my plants comes out?

Thanks.

#10 ·
right update on the tank scape.

I have removed the wood on right right and removed the christmas moss with it, i have replaced them with alternanth reineckii at the back and eustralis stellata next to it and the L aromatica is still at the back right.

At the left had side i have removed the Java fern and replaced it with Blyxa Aubertii and i have moved the Rotala to the right of the Blyxa A.

I think the tank looks much better now.

I will post photos after the water has cleared up some more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.