The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is the 55 gallon I am working with... My mom and I need somewhere for our angels to go...

Here are the plans I drew up this morning...

As for fish there will be 5 angels; 2 altum, 2 black marble,and a yellow/white marble looking one.

I also want to add either a school of black neons, cardnals or harlequin rasboras(sp.sorry:hihi: )

Please let me know what you think...

Thanks!

·
Registered
517 Posts
wow that looks like a great idea! i'd really like to see that happen. you're not gonna use aquasoil or flourite or something along those lines?

i used to have this same tank but i used it for a salt water set up. i miss it :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I am just going to use rregular old peagravel type stuff... I was given this tank on one condition... NO SALTWATER... I guess I am fine with that since I like planted tanks MUCH better than any marine I've seen before..!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm I never thought of that... I used to have pirhana in there and tried to block off the tubes with glass and that didn't go so well the tubes filled with ANY and ALL poop or food... I will most likley try that But I may also put in a different little fish... Who knows...

Thanks for the imput

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I havn't seen one of these since the late 70's...Have fun with it. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so here is a little update...

I went to the gravel yard and Thought I would pay maybe $10 for 2 buckets of gravel and ended up that he only wanted to charge me $3 and all I had to pay with was the plastic soo... longstory short I got free gravel.

Here is a size comparison of the gravel for Rex.

Here is the tank.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks...

I am going to hold off on planting it until next payday so I can just get all the plants at once...

I am going the easy route with a shop light and 215watters so @wpg it is. I still want bright red and dwarf hairgrass... I am not sure what else yet though...

Any tips or ideas ?

Thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.