The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been breeding Bushynose Plecos for about 4 years now and have been crossing genes and adding new genes to keep the colony healthy and now I have came across some babies that are really interesting looking...not only to me but basically everybody that has seen them in person. I want to put the pics out and get some feedback on them. They are coming from an albino father that came from 2 albino parents and the mother is brown that came from an albino crossed with a brown. The mother and the batch that came from the cross came out mostly solid brown with some light coloring and a few albinos. But now this batch that came from the cross and the pure albino all came out brown and are bright yellow spotted and look almost like Gold Nugget plecos.

Check them out and let me know what you think and if somebody else is playing with Bushynose maybe they can chime in and tell me that there's come out like this often. Mine usually aren't this style of mixed colors...usually just solid brown or solid albino.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
They look a lot like the sp. Pucallpa bristlenose from Peru that I got a few years ago from Stephan Tanner (Swiss Tropicals) and was breeding. Here's what they look like:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe they've got some Calico genes?

They're lovely!!
Hmmm, I have got a few of my bushynose is my collection from friends as pass alongs so I might have some Calico in there somewhere that I was unaware of. Thanks for the idea and the compliment. My wife agrees big time and was the main reason I posted it up here. She loves them.

They look a lot like the sp. Pucallpa bristlenose from Peru that I got a few years ago from Stephan Tanner (Swiss Tropicals) and was breeding. Here's what they look like:
They do look like that above picture...especially the yellow tail tips. But they look darker brown for now and I hope they stay like that and don't fade to much. Its amazing how many different types of bushynose are out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts