The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just made them today, I'm quite proud.

I made the little balls out of potting soil and some native sandy soil, and covered it with terrestrial moss, all of wich was scraped offsome bricks in my back yard. Everything but the grass and the flowering plant on the left was already growing in the moss.
They're kinna frankensteiny at the moment but hopefully they'll grow together eventually (read: WONT DIE)

The dishes are terracotta painted off white and coated. they're about 3" across at the most.

Also, if you don't get the title joke, check my sig, and then go play This game

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Love 'em! Even the place you've chosen to put them -- in front of a window with leaves changing color with whatever season we're in right now -- is beautiful.
I'd love to do something like this myself. So keep us updated so as to teach us, kay?

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just saw this at the nature aquarium gallery. i guess someone there had the same idea...

Haha, I guess you're right! mine arn't that flat though. they're more like little domes.
Also, I want that dish now, it's perfect D:

How do you water those?
I'm just spraying them with a water with a dash of fertilizier in it. I'm going for the morning dew sort of effect.
I have no idea if it's gonna work, really.

Love 'em! Even the place you've chosen to put them -- in front of a window with leaves changing color with whatever season we're in right now -- is beautiful.
I'd love to do something like this myself. So keep us updated so as to teach us, kay?
I wish I could claim that the window looking out on the slowly turning leaves was a poetic asthetic choice, but the windowsill was really just a conveniant sunny spot.
Making them isn't that hard, it's just the growing part that I'm a little iffy on, so we'll all see how that goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.