The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to get some snowballs, got some yellows too. lol. Had to rearrange all my tanks to make room but everything is settled in now. Here's a pic of each. They were in the bag for a while as I got them out of town, so I expect the yellows to take a few days to darken a bit but a few are a nice yellow already. I got 8 yellows and 12 snowballs. I have about 20 cherries with about 6 still berried, 2 or 3 that dropped, found some babies already, about 20 assorted crystals with about 3 or 4 berried, and 3 lone tiger males. lol.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya there is a few that are almost a solid like painted-yellow and a couple that have the bright yellow strip down the back like you see on painted reds. I hope they last and start breeding. I usually like to get juvi's cause they handle the tank change better but all they had were these adults and they are already more yellow here than in the tank at the pet store I got them from, so I'd like to think that means they like my water better. 1 or 2 have already molted. In fact 1 started molting during the drip acclimation, and finished when it went into the tank, so I'm going to take that as a good sign. The 3 tigers they temporarily share the tank with have been in there for a few months living fine, so I know the tank is cycled and doing good, just I know sometimes adults don't make switching homes, no matter how good everything else. Usually though if I loose any adults, its in the first day or so. If they make it past then, they're usually fine. I wanted to get some from a breeder but he only had the snowballs at the time and another one didn't get back to my emails, so I stopped a pet shop in Toronto that everyone raves about, and while they had some unique stuff and good prices, some of the tank looked horrible, and as I said, they already look more yellow in my tank than they did in the pet store, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.