The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up last tuesday to come to a surprise. My teacup chihuahua shanelle had 3 puppies. Unfortunately one was to weak we took her to the vet came home was strong but died overnight. The remaining 2 are healthy and is about to open their eyes in a few days. I was about to add the pics on the photo section but I decided to put it here. Im so happy wanted to share some pics with you guys, the link also has my aquarium in there. Check the last pic on the first row and 1st pic on the second row they were licking each other look like they kissing each other funniest thing I ever seen in awhile lol.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/supaflyz/

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Well technically the title is misleading. I was expecting something really strange. The puppies belong to the dog.

Did you not know that she was pregnant? Kind of hard to miss on a small dog.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did know they were pregnant but didnt know she going give birth so soon. It was my first time having a dog that had puppies. The mom is only 2 pounds but she got skinnier because the puppies drank a lot of milk.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh, TOO CUTE!!! Congrats, Supaflyz! Got any pics of Mama? I just love Chihuahuas. Speaking of Mama, to help her gain some weight and keep up her milk production, you might consider feeding her extra foods like chicken, fish and beef (if you're not already). Ask your vet about feeding her Purina Puppy Chow also ~ it has lots of good things in it that a mama dog could benefit from. The main thing is just make sure she has plenty of food and water out for her at all times. Mamas need a LOT of food and water to keep feeding those babies.

@ Rex:icon_roll :icon_lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mama is a very picky eater. I try chicken breast, soft can food, milk, dont work. She likes bread with some pate on it and you have to hand feed her for her to eat lol.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Heeheehee! Yeah, the little chihuahua I had was pretty picky, too, come to think of it. It's been so long since I've had one. I'm just used to my four big galutes (three lab mixes and a little heeler) that wolf down anything I put in front of them with nary a sniff.:icon_lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.