The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Shrimps typically recover probably 80% within a couple of days, within 2 weeks they should completely recover from shipping stress, given that tank conditions are right

But the genetics of the shrimps are the basis of their colors, environmental factors are only one part of it

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks folks. :) I paid a premium for them, but I like the guy I bought them from, I mean you cannot beat his customer service/packaging. Bought plants and Mr. Pinchy from him before and he even held my PF order until the weather was more secure. Always happy to share with me so I have no reason to doubt but I wasn't sure about leg color being faded too. I'm so excited to have these new guys in my RCS tank!

·
Registered
290 Posts
What color is the belly part of the outer shell? Look for a consistent color throughout. In my experience they show up a pale pink cherry color when stressed but once established the shell darkens. However if the upper shell is dark but the bottom part has pale speckles its not painted fire.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What color is the belly part of the outer shell? Look for a consistent color throughout. In my experience they show up a pale pink cherry color when stressed but once established the shell darkens. However if the upper shell is dark but the bottom part has pale speckles its not painted fire.

I will take a better look tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Afraid I cannot answer the question, I am new to the shrimp game. :) I got these fellows from a US breeder though, I can tell you that.

From a couple who had some hard times and threw themselves into raising/selling aquatic life.

·
Registered
782 Posts
They got so many names for these shrimp-it makes your head swim!
They look pretty red to me.
And judging from the chart posted, they look more Fire than Sakura.

As always-request in for more pics!

:) Stef*

·
Registered
554 Posts
From the link you posted, "(Highest grade of RCS)" is the seller's words, that's somewhat misleading.

• Also they didn't post images of the shrimp in their ACTUAL tank. Just plagiarized/stolen someone else photos for their ad.

• People who sell "graded" shrimp but are too lazy to take the time to provide clear photos of their livestock are deceiving the uninformed. I wouldn't bother supporting someone like that.

Took me a while to figure out which shrimp were decent until I picked up a few NICER grades. Now I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If I visit a shop & don't see those features in the shrimp or the price is too high, I'll happily make my exit with no regrets.

When you have time, try to take some macro photos of your new shrimp.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They got so many names for these shrimp-it makes your head swim!
They look pretty red to me.
And judging from the chart posted, they look more Fire than Sakura.

As always-request in for more pics!

:) Stef*

Here is a new photo. Will try later when there isn't so much glare. I need a better camera. Time to talk to husbeast. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From the link you posted, "(Highest grade of RCS)" is the seller's words, that's somewhat misleading.

• Also they didn't post images of the shrimp in their ACTUAL tank. Just plagiarized/stolen someone else photos for their ad.
  • People who sell "graded" shrimp but are too lazy to take the time to provide clear photos of their livestock are deceiving the uninformed. I wouldn't bother supporting someone like that.

Took me a while to figure out which shrimp were decent until I picked up a few NICER grades. Now I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for. If I visit a shop & don't see those features in the shrimp or the price is too high, I'll happily make my exit with no regrets.

When you have time, try to take some macro photos of your new shrimp.
Yep, I have learned a lesson.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These are the best I could get. I see now that I need to clean the front side of my tank ha! It's pretty gnarly with algae.

OK and here is a fellow I need to cull right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.