The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! I just purchased a "Creamsicle Lyretail Molly" that apparently was Pregnant. I thought it was "Big" & I had other Mollies that were big one day & then next they were thin, so I didn't pay much attention to it. I just liked the colors of it! LOL! Anyway, I went back a day or 2 later to buy another one, cuz My girlfriend (the one I actually bought the fish for in the first place) really liked it. This one was pretty "FAT" too... Anyway, the day after I brought home the second one, I looked in the tank & say one of them was really skinny compaired to the day before. I looked around the bottom of the tank where I had seen babies from another Molly (dalmation) & there weren't any babies... As I got up from the floor I was about to stand up & walk away, when I saw probably 10-15 babies all huddled in the front corner looking at me... LOL! SO, I called my girl in the room, & immediately netted as many of the babies as I could, I already had a breeding net in there from the Dalmations babies... So, I just removed the Dalmations which were pretty much ready to leave, & added all of these little Creamsicle babies... Now, there is the other mother that is ready to give birth at any moment! The babies are Really Cute little buggers! That same day I was setting up a 20 Gal. for the dalmation babies & a few adult fish plus the plants that have over grown in my other 20 Gal. tank... So, I guess I will have the 20 full of babies untill they are old enough to either trade with a LFS or give away to friends.

Sorry for rambling on & on... I just thought it was neat to have that many babies all over the tank!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts