The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I have dwarf baby tears as my main carpet. I planted dwarf hair grass in between some on the stones. I was wondering if I should grow hair grass behind the main center stones as my background or more dwarf baby tears.

Anyone has suggestions or opinions on how my tank is looking? It's my first Iwagumi tank.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
The rocks are far too small for the tank, IMO. Adding 2-3 large pieces that are ~3x as large as the biggest rocks in your current scape would help drastically.

Overall though i think it's a nice hardscape. The colors and textures of the stones are really neat.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
You're sight lines are slightly off in the layout. The peak of the highest stone should be shifted a few inches left or right from where it is. You totally ignored the "rule of thirds" which is a foundation of Iwagumi layout. The highest point shouldn't be dead center of the viewing space. I'm sure it will look fine the way it is and if you like the layout that's all that matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.