The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so its not leaking that bad... but i have it in a 5 gallon bucket and its slowing leaking from the rectangular openings where the motor meets the bucket..

Anyone have any ideas as to the problem. It is brand new.. just set it up 4 days ago.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
This comment will be of no help but I can't help myself. Trouble with an Eheim? I'm flabbergasted, floored, shocked, mortified, horrified and petrified not to mention thoroughly, absolutely and positively disillusioned. :)

Don't worry someone with a lot of Eheim knowledge will be along soon to help.

·
Registered
721 Posts
ok.. so its not leaking that bad... but i have it in a 5 gallon bucket and its slowing leaking from the rectangular openings where the motor meets the bucket..

Anyone have any ideas as to the problem. It is brand new.. just set it up 4 days ago.

-Mike
Do you have a picture? Is the top portion properly seated all the way with the handle pulled down? Also, where did you get it from? If it is defective, you should be able to exchange/return it. I have had both the 2232 and 2234 and they've worked fine for me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so upon further inspection,

I am assuming by o ring u mean the red ring that is seat around where the motor attaches to the body. I looked fine and was seated properly

Keeping in mind that the water was coming out of the rectangular slots, i found that they are clips that allow the top to come off. When i removed the top of the motor, i found that on one of the in/out holes, there are 2 o rings that are seated at the base each of the holes. One of the rings looked like it was pulled up. I pushed it back down figuring that the water was entering this was being that the top cabin has no other way to take water into it. Ill update tomorrow on whether or not i was leakage

-Mike

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its been a few hours... and NOOOO WATER!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYY

By slots, i mean the holes were the top connects to the motorhead.. you use these holes to pry off the top cabin... there are 4 of them on my unit all around the bottom of the top casing

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Pictures would be of great help. I own a 2236, and while I greatly prefer my 2215, I never had problems with it leaking. If I remember correctly, you shouldn't be prying things on it, you should be using the priming handle to remove the top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.