The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wanted to share my 4 new discus with you. I got them from Kennys discus from the simply discus forum. These fish are great and allready 100% better then my first fish I got at an LFS a couple years ago,

They are currently settleing in to there new digs my 20 gallon QT tank. Will be starting to feed them this afternoon. Did first WC this am and there still going strong! They have been looking for food since 20 min after going in the tank!

If anyone is looking for quality discus I highly recomend kenny and the fish he sells.

Curt

·
Registered
926 Posts
Kenny is the man!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. These guys are pigs! I put in some discus forumla from Ocean Nutrition and it took them a while to figure out it was food. Started feeding them around 2pm yesterday. At 6 or there abouts I gave them some bloodworms and they devoured them like no tomorrow! This am after there morning 75-80% WC I feed them a small portion of Blood worms and some sera discus pellets. They are eating both.

I out the light on today but my wife called and said they were cowering behind the sponge. I had here turn it off and as soon as she did they all came out. So I have to find a dimmer light for now.

I will post pics of the main tank as soon as I move it and have it running, currently it is a mess of algea, riccia and crypts. I also have to decide how big my built in wall tank is going to be but that wont be for a year or so. Just my morning update!

Curt

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok guys her is a week 1 update. fish are doing extremly well but I need to add a few more to the heard, will probably get 4 more from kenny to grow out with these guys. Fish are eating pellets and also FD Blackworms. They are timid of the Blk Worm at first but once they get the taste of them it is a feeding frenzy. Here are a couple pics;

I swear these guys have allready put on an 1/8 of a inch. Need to get the 55 moved and re setup just no gumpsion, and I have to buy 2 new heaters for the tank. Just wanted to update. should have a week 2 update in a couple days.

Curt

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discus are such gorgeous fish, growing them out is definitely the most difficult thing! I love their personalities, mine come up and brush my hands when i am doing tank maintenance like little puppies lol.

Wish i had more time to stay at home as i have a pair that is CONSTANTLY laying eggs in my community tank

Sent from a dark corner in my happy place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.