The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I bought myself 30 CRS from Gabezone. They took 4 days to get here. I had 4 DOA and then lost 2 more over the next 2 days leaving me with 24 shrimp (i was told extras were sent to cover DOA but I only counted 30 included DOA). They are in a 20 gallon high tank with a chiller set at 74. I am planning on switching them over to aquasoil to help lower the pH as soon as possible. Here are some pictures...my photography skills leave much to be desired but you can make a few of them out ;). I also have 4 low grade CRS that I had bought several weeks earlier in there.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Who molted!! :hihi: hehehe

Nice CRS!! Maybe the "extra" died and they ate him! :eek: Well, we have all seen shrimp act cannibalistic, so maybe they got hungry. -chomp chomp- :biggrin:

But really, VERY nice shrimp!! Keep us posted on their growth!

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
The lost was due to your high PH of 7.5. I sent 30+ I m sure I know how to count:flick: . You have a Mosura in these pictures. I'm sorry for your lost, but you got a good deal:thumbsup: . The shrimp you got sell 2X more if I was a breeders in the USA. Breed them right and you will be able to Triple your money back, and don't for get to select breed.

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well like I said there were only 30 when I took them out of the bag (including dead ones)....I also know how to count. This is not including molts like the one in the picture, so maybe those were the extras and they died and were eaten, I don't know. Either way as long as these guys survive I will get over it. From my understanding Gabe you do not breed a lot of your CRS but buy them and resell them. If you were in the US you wouldn't have access to the shrimp you do ;). I am working on getting the pH down but there is no way the DOA's were due to my pH. The other two subsequent losses happened within 2 days of arrival and were likely due to shipping stress along with new water. The rest of the shrimp look great, showing nice color, active, and eating.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Wow! Where do you get you misinformation from??? I buy low grades like A-S because I don't keep them in my tank, but I do breed Hinomaru and V-bands and all other S+ grades. Please take the lower grades out or your going to ruin your stock. If I shorted you which I highly doubt, because I counted them, and my wife then counted them sorry, and I hope you have more luck with the 24 you have left. I hope you lower your PH soon. Lets end it, and please share more full tank shots, and other picture of your shrimp,

Gabe.

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my "misinformation" some of your pm's saying you had bought some hinos and wanted to wait at least 2 weeks before shipping them back out. Plus I recall you recently saying you didn't have any golden CRS and now you appear to be selling a few of them. If I am misstaken I apologize. I don't mean to say that you only resell but I do believe that you do also resell higher grades that you have access to in Japan. I plan to powercycle some Aquasoil in the next week and replace the substrate they are currently in with aquasoil to lower the pH.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry for th DOA I know how carrying for your new babies is stressful. I have heard of high ph in the 7's and having babies. but you must keep them seperated according to grade scale or you will not improve them. very good advice. "Please take the lower grades out or your going to ruin your stock"

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i think i will stick with kangshiang..........
If there was a mistake than leave it to the seller and buyer to settle... Gabe is not charging what it would cost to get these bugs in the states... No need to make it sound like Gabe is ripping folks off. I admit to not even wanting to try them till I get a specific set up for them. But this is the fist if only slight negative I've seen about his offering.

They shipped from Japan to AZ, that's risky enough with a pretty high success rate regardless of a counting mistake.

BTW nice looking shrimp. :)

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
If there was a mistake than leave it to the seller and buyer to settle... Gabe is not charging what it would cost to get these bugs in the states... No need to make it sound like Gabe is ripping folks off. I admit to not even wanting to try them till I get a specific set up for them. But this is the fist if only slight negative I've seen about his offering.

They shipped from Japan to AZ, that's risky enough with a pretty high success rate regardless of a counting mistake.

BTW nice looking shrimp. :)
I don't see anything wrong with what chaznsc said...he simply said he'd go with kangshiang. This isn't Gabe's post, so it's not really trolling.

Maybe it's not the price and chaznsc doesn't want to risk shipping overseas...or for whatever reason. I think it's fair that he gets to post his opinion.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with what chaznsc said...he simply said he'd go with kangshiang. This isn't Gabe's post, so it's not really trolling.

Maybe it's not the price and chaznsc doesn't want to risk shipping overseas...or for whatever reason. I think it's fair that he gets to post his opinion.
Fair enough. So did I. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will not buy from over seas again. I bought 50+ shrimp from Gabe and I have lost probably 30 of them. I am not saying this is Gabe's fault but something is wrong or different.
I have also bought over 60 of kangshiang's shrimp and not one of them has died and I bought from him 3 times over the last 6 months.

I did let Gabe know about this and he has no idea why other then he thinks my tank is cycling which of course would kill all the shrimp not just Gabe's. The tank has been up and running for over a year with 2 sponge filters and a canister filter. I am also having many babies being born and surviving so I know my water is good or the babies wouldn't survive.

I myself think It is possibly the water difference between the USA and Japan or possibly sick shrimp. Gabe said he does not have A-S grade shrimp and gets them from somewhere else so he might not know if they are healthy or not. This of course is my opinion.

I am not the only one who has lost over 50% of Gabe's shrimp. There is another member who has lost way over 50% of their shrimp also. We got our shrimp at the same time so I am not sure if it was a "bad batch" but something was wrong.

I have come to the conclusion along with many others that buying shrimp from overseas is a gamble and one I will not be taking anymore. I lost allot of $$ and I just wanted to let you guys know so you can make a knowledgeable decision.

I am not saying this to talk bad about Gabe. I just wanted to let you guys know of my experience.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.