The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my new CRS!! They are so cute and tiny! I have to thank Solstice for providing me with these lovely babies! :proud: A HUGE thank you Sol!! His nano tank filled with CRS is just beautiful!!! Seeing his setup in person was amazing! A very beautiful tank....easy to be jealous of :biggrin:

Right now my gems are being drip-acclimated, but I was able to take a few pics of them. Not the best quality pics, but you can see them fine. They are a little stressed, but they have lovely coloring. :icon_mrgr I can't wait to get them into my tank! :smile:

Here are some of those pics I took:

Once they get comfortable in my tank, I'll try and take some pics. Though I already know that it's not going to be easy to find them in my 55g. :icon_eek: But I'll look really hard for them! :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I drip acllimated for a little over an 1 hour and placed them into my tank. They colored up really fast!! :) They are grazing around now, a few even went for the shrimp cookies. It's feeding time in the tank. :) Anyways, I'll try and see if I can get some good pics of them in the tank.

Thanks again Sol for the beautiful CRS! I'm sooooooo happy!! :smile:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny thing, they aren't that difficult to spot in the 55g. I'm shocked!! They stand out so easily! I'll try and get a few decent shots of them. They are doing great in the tank! :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, my camera sucks. This is the best I could do. These were the best shots so far. The camera doesn't do them justice. :( I need a better camera!

First Pic: In the field of Cherries, there comes a CRS. LOL It likes the shrimp cookies I made. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a good size comparison shot. This lil CRS is on my heater. :)

And next to the heater, on some a ummmmm...plucked bacopa are some more! :)

They keep moving around, exploring the tank and eating. Which is great, but makes it hard to take photographs of them. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I counted 7 CRS right off the bat this morning when the lights came on. So all is going good! :) I just wish I had a better camera to capture them in all their glory. LOL

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know, I really wanted to go to that meet too! I'll definitely try to make the next one. :) Maybe...just maybe I'll have a few to bring. hehehe I'm just concentrating and hoping they do well and grow. :) I got a nice mix too! None of them look below A grade and there are definitely some S grade. Sol has some VERY nice CRS! Great breeding stock. :proud:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I got a photography question. My camera doesn't take that great of closeups. Sometimes I can get some decent ones, but it's rare. Do you think I can get a better closeup of my tank critters if I use a magnifying glass with my camera that I have? I know if I had a better camera I wouldn't have to ask such a question, but I don't, so I'm wondering if this work.

I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if it'll work, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried this with success. Or am I wasting my time? LOL

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried the magnifying glass trick....it didn't work for me. I didn't see any difference, but I did take some new pics.

Spot the CRS?? LOL I know, it's not that hard to find.

Here is a closer crop of the baby. They are growing so fast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.