The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished setting up 4 large marina breeder boxs for my CPO juvieniles. These are great for keeping them separated and happy while they get bigger.

Hoping to breed them in a few months. I counted 10 females and 2 males. :smile:

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
that's a great idea. ive been using the deepblue 5 partition tank but oen of them has the ability to traverse into the other compartments... i have absolutely no idea how she does it LOL

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i seriously have no idea. ive noticed that she scales the sides of the partition but as soon as i come near, she flurries away. she's likely visiting all the boys next door. a smart one she is... the boys arent so clever :p

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watch out they can get thru if they want too. I brought home a pair from an auction, male and female, and put them into one of these breeder boxes..guess I didn't put the lid down quite tight enough, because next am I found the male in the females section and she was Berried!!!

I have these fixed quite well so that the babies don't climb over, but once they are big enough I will have to give them each a tank of their own.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Liam I thought that too, but unfortunately most of mine are females and they had torn legs off each other by the time I got them home yesterday:icon_mad:

Dumb guy at the store put them all in one bag with NO plants to separate them or give them something to hang onto. I asked for plants and got elastic bands instead!!!

Even when I was slowly netting each one to move them into the boxes, they were jumping on each other, claw to claw, so I felt it best to just separate them all...I have the room in these boxes right now, so might as well use them up.

Just noticed a few have molted already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.