The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been your typical "community tank" aquariust for many years. I have recently gotten into the love of angels and planted tanks. I have a 65 gal tank and recently came into a CO2 system which worked previously, however, now it does not.

I have (2) 10 pound CO2 bottles which seem to be functioning just fine. I have the aquariumplants dot com CO2 regulator with electronic bubble counter and pH meter. The attachment to the CO2 tank and the regulators seem to work, however, there is a leak coming off of the 3rd 'stem'. This is no small leak. I'm not sure if it is high pressure coming straight off the tank (as in a high pressure port off of a scuba regulator) or if it is a low pressure port. All I know is it comes out strong and fast, not a little trickle of air.

After I figure out the issue with the leak, I will be needing assistance to setting up the CO2 system. I am currently doing my research on this site. The system didn't come with instructions, so I'm starting at level zero of knowledge.

Suggestions and advice very welcome

Tank: 65 gal
Substrate: Sand, small gravel, laterite
Light: Corallife Aqualight HO T5 dual lamp

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Worked previously for you or for the person you got it from? I am thinking you did not buy this from aquariumplants.com since the regulator body itself (part with the gauges that attaches to the tank) does not look like the one that comes with the aquariumplants.com regulator package.

If the third stem you are referring to is the part sticking straight out below the left pressure gauge looks like it is the pressure relief valve. When it blows the regulator needs repair or replacing. i don't think you can fix this yourself.

link below will show you what the AP regulator should look like.

http://www.AquariumPlants.com/AquariumPlants_com_s_Electronic_Co2_Regulator_p/co2.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.