The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so we somewhat randomly upgraded the 20 gallon tank to a 55 this weekend. Used all the gravel and water from the 20 then just added new water for the rest. Hopefully I don't end up with a mini cycle in the tank but I think it'll be ok. Currently running two established filters in the tank till the new canister filter comes in. So here is the setup.

55 Gallon tank:

Lighting: 2 T5HO for 6 hours a day 2 T8's for four hours a day.
Substrate: Mixture of ordinary aquarium gravel and red Eco Complete with a sand dune in the center of the tank. - Plan to add more sand and rock we believe this sunday. No major change to layout just giving the loaches more room to dig when they arrive.

Plants: Ludwigia repens, Baby tears?(HC), 1 Amazon Sword,
Leopard Italian Val, Wisteria, Anubias Barteri (I believe), Crypt. Nurii(its tiny), Crypt Wendtii (not so tiny), Limnophila Aromatica, and an Amazon Sword.

Fish: White Clouds, Serpae Tetra,
Bristlenose Plecostomus (also tiny see picture he's currently about the size of my white clouds)

To be added soon: Kuhli Loaches and a pair of Kribs. Increasing the size of the Serpae school and a second tiny bristlenose.

Decor: Small Sign that says No Skinny Dipping. (I still want to paint the sign to say Pro Skinny Dipping.)

Background: Black Trash - went nice and cheap with that one.

Diy CO2: 2 liter Bottle planned second Bottle in the works.

Ok so now done with the specs and onto the pictures. ((need to find a good way to take pictures. The lighting seems to make things blurry.))

Full Shot of the tank

Left side of Tank

Center Section of Tank

Right Side of Tank

Tiny Crypt Nurii

Tiny Bushy Nose or Bristlenose Pleco in his favorite hiding spot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fish must feel small (nothing else they look it) they lived in the 20 for a good long while. Then over night they were moved to a tub with an airstone then the 55 soon as the debris settled. I still don't think I've ever seen a smaller bristle nose. Little guy needs a buddy I decided so I plan to get a second next weekend. Then something else perhaps but I haven't a clue what yet. Have a bit more room so a few more options. Hard water though so that limits me a little.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I saw a tiny little bristlenose at PetsMart the other day, but I still had jewel cichilids in my tank at the time or I would have gotten the little guy. Gourami would be an option for your tank btw, It's a bigger fish that's relatively peaceful, Ram Cichilids are pretty peaceful also. and when full grown gain alot of color

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a first attempt for myself as well, I'm not too worried if it grows or not in all honesty. It has grown a little not much mostly upwards rather than out from the patch. I'll post some new pics here in the next month as things start to progress a little. Still haven't decided what I plan to put in the tank though. Mean other than the Serpae's and the pleco we still haven't sorted out the residents. Was pondering on some Kuhli loaches figure they could play in the sand there and they have some rocks to hide in. Thought wonder if we do add Kribs if that'd become an issue or of the Kribs would just leave them be.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The HC Mat is expanding out, seems to be growing fairly quickly as well after some thought. The Indian Val is also starting to shoot, so hopefully it'll help fill in the left side of the tank. Haven't noticed much growth on the Wisteria on the right, hopefully it gets a bit taller though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stock update, added 3 new little peacock gobies (Tateurndina ocellicauda) and a trio of Pearl Gourami's. Will try to get some pictures, the gobies fit in quite well, tending to stick around the larger crypt currently or the rocks right around it. The Gourami's on the other hand are being pretty shy. I find it a little funny since they're four times larger than anything else in the tank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shy and angry apparently, The male decided to destroy a neon tetra somewhat randomly. I think he's claimed the left side of the tank as his or something, All three of them tend to hang there in the tall grass. For whatever reason he seems to be defending that section of the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.