The Planted Tank Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
What is your total stocking now? I see some beautiful Angels in there. That is an absolutely stunning display
Total stock is:

15 discus
4 juvenile angels
15 denison barbs
6 Sterbai cories (I need to get like a dozen more at least)
5 albino BN pleco juvies
1 clown pleco
2 kuhli loaches that I've had since my first planted tank almost 9 years ago lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Very nice tank! What kind of lighting and substrate do you have on this tank?
Substrate is nothing fancy. Just a mix of Eco-Complete regular grade and fine grade. I really like the fine grade, but I think it's been discontinued, because I cannot find it anywhere these days. I kind of wanted a few more bags to build up the front a little more (it's only about an inch in some spots).

Lighting is a pair of 72" BML's. They are offset, as the tank is 8ft long. I got the 10,000k original series. I have them hooked up to BML's SoLunar controller, so the lights gradually ramp up and down during the beginning and end of the photoperiod.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is really cool! I recently got a good deal on a 210g on craigslist, and it has the same dimensions as yours except it's 7ft long. I'm thinking of doing angelfish in it.

Anyway, it came with a sump and a pump rated for 1200 GPH at 0ft head height. I'll probably have to add another pump, but I'm wondering what the flow is like on yours with 2000 GPH.

I'm also wondering what size CO2 tanks you use and how often you have to refill them. I'd like to do CO2, but I don't want to spend money on refills all the time either!

Thanks, and Great Job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
This is really cool! I recently got a good deal on a 210g on craigslist, and it has the same dimensions as yours except it's 7ft long. I'm thinking of doing angelfish in it.

Anyway, it came with a sump and a pump rated for 1200 GPH at 0ft head height. I'll probably have to add another pump, but I'm wondering what the flow is like on yours with 2000 GPH.

I'm also wondering what size CO2 tanks you use and how often you have to refill them. I'd like to do CO2, but I don't want to spend money on refills all the time either!

Thanks, and Great Job! :thumbsup:
I would estimate that I'm getting abouut 1800GPH max based on about 5 feet of head. The flow is pretty gentle, but seems adequate, especially since I have discus. I am considering putting a few small Koralias for supplemental flow.

As for CO2, I use a 20# cylinder. I chew through it. My regulator has 2 outlets, both for this tank. One feeds a cerges reactor in the sump, the other just goes to a powerhead in the sump to chop it up. A 20# lasts me anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Fortunately, CO2 is cheap so it doesn't really bother me much. I pay $19 to swap it out at a local welding supply shop.

Hope this helps, congrats on the new tank. =)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts